I H-A-T-E F-A-C-E-B-O-O-K.
Of course, I like the fact that I know where 200 of my not-so-closest friends live and work, and that they adore taking pictures of their kids and their pets. Yes, I do enjoy seeing that Sally really did become a success in the adult entertainment industry...and that she has a teacup chihuahua that occasionally likes to go shopping with her.
But, what I really loathe about Facebook is that it has totally taken away from my blogging time. I mean, really...after spending two hours rifling through the status updates and finding out that Johnny really did get drunk and get a tattoo on his rear end (and posted a mobile picture to prove it), I'm just too totally exhausted to come up with a meaningful and heartfelt blog post...or at least one that's remotely funny. So, in the last 6 months since I've officially become addicted to Facebook, I've resorted to posting fact-filled, boring posts about running. And that's it.
And I apologize. (even though I totally blame it on Facebook). (oh and I secretly hope that Facebook will eventually get old just all the other social networking sites have...there, I said it.)
And I'm going to try and do better. I'm coming up on my 500th post and I really don't want the next 29 posts to be filled with boring details of how I shaved another 5 seconds off of my marathon pace. I mean, yes, I think you should care that I can run at super-human speeds now, but I don't think it's fair to inundate you with such information.
So, without further ado, I give you the top 10 things that I've been up to over the last month that I think might interest you:
1. I quit my cushy government job. Well, actually my last day is July 1 but I'm on vacation and planned sick leave (yes, there is such a thing) so much between now and then that I'll rarely be there (read: I'm planning on attending my going away luncheon...and that's about it).
2. I quit my job to go work with Troy's company: Dent Tricks. I will be the Director of Operations (actually I'm the CFO but I just don't like the way that sounds). I fully believe that I will be alot busier than I was at my government job. Actually, as I just told my friend Scott: "I guess it's time I got back to work...." I'm a highly motivated, self-starter with excellent communication skills! In other words, I can power
3. I have become super-humanly fast at running. Well, actually I've just become faster than I was before...any way you put it, it seems really really fast to me. I used to say it was fun and easy. Now it's just fun and hard. I haven't quite mastered 1200m repeats at a 7:20 pace but I'm getting close. As a matter of fact, I'm running a 5k tomorrow and I fully intend to meet or break 24 minutes. And yes, I'm still the Grasshopper (may David Carradine RIP).
4. I love my husband. We've been married for 8 months now and I still feel like the luckiest girl in the world. Wait. I am the luckiest girl in the world. He's great and wonderful and everything that I never thought I'd find. It's good to be Mrs. Troy Tarpley.
5. I'm still working on the CPA exam even though I think I told a few people (or a bunch) that I was quitting. I got my scores back for the first section and I passed, so I sortof feel guilty for not giving the rest of it a go. I plan on restarting my studying next week. Besides, I'll be downsizing to one job so it should be easier to get in a couple of hours of studying a day.
6. I think I want to learn how to swim. I went to a triathlon a couple of weeks ago and saw how hot those girls arms looked and I have decided that maybe I could have hot arms in my future too. Personal Trainer Rick has been working tirelessly to make me look like a goddess and while he's been quite successful, I think a little help in the arm area will never hurt.
7. I'm competing (rather, I'm participating) in my first adventure race. I'm on a team with Troy and another guy we run with. Our team name: Two Farts and a Tart. I think we should have been called: Two Guys That Know What They Are Doing and One Girl Who's Clueless, but Troy said that name was too long. I hate snakes, ticks, and fast-moving water so this little adventure should be quite interesting.
8. Troy and I went to another costume party last weekend. The theme this time was "Studio 54". I dressed up as a...well, I just wore a pretty dress, had my hair feathered, and sported some glam makeup. Troy wore a skirt. And yet I still love my husband.
9. I've been voluntold to be the registrar for the annual Race For the Cure 5k (the Susan G. Komen event). Ok, so maybe after a few cold beers I volunteered...at any rate, I'm excited to do my part to save the ta-tas. Race is in October and I expect all you blogger followers (who live in the Middle GA area) to be present and accounted for. I mean, really, who doesn't want to save 2nd base?
10. Troy just brought me a cold beer from the fridge and that just makes me love him even more.
Have a great weekend and expect a stellar race report after tomorrow's Salute To Freedom 5k!