So, the New Year's party went well (or the parts I can remember). If I owe anyone an apology or money, feel free to shoot me an email because the events get a little foggy after midnight. I awoke this morning with a large bruise on my forehead which I'm told happened when I fell into the mirror behind the couch. It really happened. Or at least that's what I've been told.
Good friends, good food (yes, I'm bragging), and good drinks. What else do you need to have a great party? Oh, the fireworks the neighbor brought us were good as well. Or at least that's what I've been told.
But now it's on to the New Year! And along with the new year, comes new goals. How exciting! So, here's what I plan to do in 2008:
1. Run 1,000 miles. Really. And not fall down on the job in the last week of December.
2. Run 6 marathons. I'm already signed up for 3 so it shouldn't be too hard to squeeze 3 more in. And besides, Ultra Girl (aka Deborah) is a pusher when it comes to signing up for marathons so I'm sure she can totally peer pressure me into 3 more!
3. Run the Bartram Forest 50k. It looked like so much fun!
4. Run each and every scheduled run. Really. And I know that's near impossible.
5. Start doing our local running clubs Tuesday night speedwork. I want to be faster in 2008!
6. Speaking of being faster I'd like to shave 5 minutes off of my 5k time, 10 minutes off of my 10k time, 15 minutes off of my half time, and 30 minutes off of my marathon time. I think that was an unfufilled goal for 2007.
7. Finish my MBA. Which shouldn't be hard since I'm already registered for my last 3 classes!
8. Get married!!!!!!!!!! I know. I can't believe it's happening this year!
That's it for now. I'm sure over the year I'll add some more because we all know how much I (a) like to have goals and (b) like to make lists.
Hope everyone else is as excited for this new year as I am!!!!