I had thought about posting something thankful a few days ago.
I never got around to it.
And then this morning I heard of some sad news about some dear friends.
It seems like there's a plague of bad news with my friends these past few days.
And I can't get any of them off of my mind.
As I ran on the treadmill this afternoon, I thought of how sad my friends must be. For those that are experiencing heart break...I just can't imagine how they will deal with it all. And I began to think about thankfulness.
And the fact that I never got around to that post about how truly thankful I am.
So here I am with my belated Thanksgiving post...and while it just doesn't feel right to be thankful about anything right now (actually, I would like to scream and cuss at the big man upstairs for causing my friends pain), I just can't help but think about how I take what I have for granted. These situations remind me that it can be taken away in an instant.
So, on the post-Thanksgiving day I am thankful for the following (in no particular order):
- Troy, and the fact that everyday at 8pm he tickles me until I am about to pee in pants.
- My brother for having the courage to quit smoking after almost 25 years.
- My sister for giving birth to my nephew, because before him we didn't like each other.
- My parents because who else can I thank for providing me this award-winning-Jessica-Simpson smile I possess? (and just so you know, I have been told several times that I resemble her when I smile)
- My massage therapist for making that spot on my shoulder blade stop hurting
- My friends. All of them. For varying degrees of putting up with me. And for varying degrees of courage that you guys possess.
- My GG (grandmother) for always being there for me.
- My bloggy peeps because without you guys this blog would cease to exist.
I'm sure there are more things that I'm thankful for (like a cold beer and good slice of Ingleside Village Pizza) but I'll just leave it on this note.
Today, I am truly thankful to have good friends in my life, especially the ones that are hurting right now (and you know who are). I just hope that during everything that you will go through I can be half the friend you are to me.